Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Validate Database and lost stored procedures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mep1

IS-IT--Management
Jun 18, 2003
US
Hi,
I had a computer crash occur when I was saving a VFP project. When I restarted VFP and tried to open the database, I recieved an error stating "No drilldown information is available for the mepdbase database. The database may be invalid." When I tried to validate the database, I recieved the following errors.

Validate Database MEPDBASE
Rebuilding structural index... Index rebuilt.
Object #8 (Table 'studies'): Missing required property
Object #26 (Table 'audit'): Missing required property
Object #28 (Table 'specimen'): Missing required property
Object #29 (Table 'changes'): Missing required property
Object #31 (Table 'idxstudyid'): Property list corrupted

I have tried to recover the index files using the FAQ 184-1003 from Subramanian, but I still recieved the same error. Also, I have lost all of the stored procedures and queries for the database. I don't really care about the data tables, but I would like to recover the stored procedures I wrote today.

Thanks,
mep

Have you tried:

Validate Database MEPFBASE RECOVER

Slighthaze = NULL

[ul][li]FAQ184-2483
An excellent guide to getting a fast and accurate response to your questions in this forum.[/li][/ul]

slighthaze,
When I try to recover the database I recieve error messages such as "Object #8 (Table 'studies'): Missing require property. Would you like to delete this object or cancel the validation?" I don't want to delete the table.
mep

Hi mep

From your backup copy, just copy only the DBC container related tables only. Not the DBFS and CDX and such files.

If only container is replaced, you wont loose the data.

But try after taking backup.

:)

ramani :)
(Subramanian.G)

slighthaze and subramanian,
Thanks for the help! I got everything back in time for Happy Hour! Drinks are on me.

mep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back