Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Valcom - does it work with an Option 11c 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

SanYsidro

Technical User
Aug 17, 2004
US
My company is interested in installing a PA system that is accessed via telephone. We have an Option 11C rel 3.0. I've seen Valcom recommended before, but I have no idea what product they have works with our equipment. Can someone send me a helpful link and tell me what hardware I'd need to add (if any) to the 11C to get this to work?

Thanks MIKE
I figured I'd need the trunk card - I just don't know much about the VALCOM equipment required & if an 11C could support it.

Yes the Option 11C will support this.

Just about any paging system will work and you use a trunk card to connect to the paging system.

Call Valcom, they have a list of what will work, they'll even engineer it for you.

my 2 Cents

es

YOU CAN EVEN HAVE A EXTENSION ACCESS PAGE WITH VALCOM

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

Valcom is good. We also use a Gordon Kapes M2-8 zone page controller with Bogan TPU 15 amp for the speaker amplifier. Simple setup in our jail here that works flawlessly. The equipment cost was low. Just priced out the Gordon Kapes last week- $990.00, and the Bogan amplifier was a couple hundred. Just need to buy the speakers, wiring, and the universal trunk card.

Thanks everyone. Our security people are happy for now for the suggestions.

Very much appreciated as always

I have a few option 11's I set up with what you are looking for. I find the best is a bogen amplifier with a bogen TAM B. Simple easy setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back