Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VAL Card Stops Responding 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrl237

IS-IT--Management
Jan 29, 2002
US
I have a Voice Announcement over LAN card in a Definity switch. It works fine for awhile, then it falls off the network. It can't be pinged. Resetting it clears up the problem for a while (a week or so) but then it does it again. I think it's a hardware problem. Can anyone suggest anything else it might be?

Thanks,

JRL

You may want to verify that your VAL board (TN2501) has the most current firmware. Firmware updates & instructions are available from the support.avaya.com webpage.

Kevin

Thanks, Kevin, that's a good idea. I'll give it a try.

JRL

Are you using Definity prologix. If so then for VAL card you will need an extra CLAN card. I faced the similar problem at one of cutomer's site. The problem is if we use VAL card with Prologix then the prologix's resources are shared and VAL card doesn't get enough resources. To solve this you will need and extra CLAN card.

Nagesh

Nope, no Prologix. Just the TN2501 and a CLAN card. Most of the time it works fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back