Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Val Board FTP help

Status
Not open for further replies.

fesman

Technical User
Sep 24, 2003
US
Hey all,

I am trying to ftp some wav files onto our val board and seems like the ftp session starts, but then our val board immediately terminates it. Here are the steps I am taking:

1. Created folder called Announcements on C: directory
2. Login to switch and enable filesystem on val board
3. open dos window
4. Here is a copy of cmd window commands/response:

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\fesman>cd..

C:\Documents and Settings>cd..

C:\>cd Announcements

C:\Announcements>ftp 10.20.32.26
Connected to 10.20.32.26.
Connection closed by remote host.

C:\Announcements>

Is there a setting somewhere that I can adjust to keep the session open or is there something I am doing incorrectly?

Thanks,
Fred

fesman,

first you need to enable ftp service on the val board. use 'enable filesystem board xyyzz login username password' command, where xyyzz is the board location and username/password are your preferred username and password. don't forget to disable filesystem after uploading to prevent making a security hole.

There is also some software out there call VAL Manager. It is Windows based GUI for copy/backup/restore announcements from a PC. I use it here, and it works great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back