Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Val Announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.

PappaG

Technical User
Nov 21, 2003
GB
Hi All

Can anyone tell me if there are any free untilities to convert my wav files to work on my val board ?

PappaG,

Your VAL board use exactly .wav files, so you don´t need a conversion. If your files are not suitables probably is because the .wav have to the in ALAW, 8000KHz, 8 bits and Mono. You can convert your files to this mode with the Windows recorder.

Hope it helps

Alberton

Thanks Alberton

Exactly what i needed works ok now

PappaG,

in fact, i've seen many sound recording/editing applications but using windows standard sound recorder is simplest. it can do everything you need to do with an announcement file, i.e. crop it, increase/decrease sound level and convert it to the other formats, and it's so standard that every windows starting from 3.1 does have it.
one little hint: when you want to operate over some announcement, better don't convert it to the val board format (CCITT mu-law (not pcm), 8000 khz, 8 bit, mono) until you're done with sound adjustments. i don't know why but if you convert it first and then try to adjust sound level, the program won't allow you to do it. adjusting levels in a 16-bit format is okay.

Anyway for some advance converting and adjusting you can use
Coll Edit Pro

Or you could try the FREE Open Source software called Audacity for powerful multi-track editing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back