Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VAIO PCG-K37 and Broadcom BCM43222 Problems!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharlesEF

Programmer
May 28, 2011
US
Hi All,

I installed a Broadcom BCM43222 a/b/g/n mini-PCI device to replace the standard wireless mini-PCI device that came with my VAIO.

The 1 problem I would like to fix may not be possible. That is way I am here, to ask other people that know more than I. The wireless switch no longer works. My wireless will connect even when the switch is in the OFF position.

Is this because I uninstalled the original wireless software? Or, does it have to do with the mini-PCI card I removed? If I installed the original software would the switch start working?

Thanks for any help,

Charles

the switch will only work with modems that are designed to have a hardware switch. There should be a Fn + (some other key) combo that will act like a software switch. The RF Silent pin 20 on the modem is pin that is controlled by the switch on PCI-E and older PCI is pin 13. but again this only works if the modem is designed for it. Low end modems are hit and miss if they have the circuitry in place. The original software has no bearing as this is voltage applied to a pin on the board.

Hi rclarke250,

I was afraid of that. I pretty much thought the switch was tied to the card itself (My VAIO has a on/off switch). Guess I will be forced to disable the wireless device whenever I plug a network cable into my laptop.

Thanks for the info,

Charles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back