Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vaddio GroupStation modification for presentation room

Status
Not open for further replies.

elizabethdoerfler

Technical User
Mar 30, 2022
US
I apologize in advance if I am not in the right forum. Please help me by pointing me in the right direction.

I am a tech liaison in a K-12 NC Public Charter School. I'm tech-y, but not trained in anything technology.

We were gifted a Vaddio GroupStation conferencing system. As a school, this was a huge boon. We could not have afforded anything like this. When it was given to us, it included a lot of hardware, but not a lot of cabling.

We have a presentation room that our students present their projects. It is also used to livestream and broadcast meetings and other small events.
The room is only 30x40. There is a small stage and a ceiling mounted projector.

We have mounted the speaker that came with the Vaddio GroupStation. Using a Cat6 cable, I have connected the speaker to MicDoc. The projector is connected to the speaker via HDMI. Another HDMI connects the MicDoc to a computer so that a video can be broadcast on the screen.
So - Yay. Play a video on computer. The video projects on the screen and the sound comes out of the mounted speaker in the back of the room.

The speaker has a built in camera. We'd love to use that. We're not there yet.

The MicDoc has four built in microphones and a speakerphone. We do not need any speaker phone applications.
What we'd love to do is be able to set up a simple mic system, preferably something small that sits on a table, to simply amplify the voices of those presenting/speaking.

We want to increase VOLUME, but we don't want that to have to go through a computer. This isn't for recording purposes or online meetings as much as for face-to-face presentations. But if sound is coming from a computer to the speaker, we want to also be able to amplify the voices of those talking.

I can buy a simple mic system ($150 or less), but most of them that I'm finding are not table top. What I'm finding seems to be either wearables or handhelds. I may be searching incorrectly.
I'd love to somehow be able to route it through the Vaddio speaker, but I cannot wrap my mind around how the cabling works since there are no additional ports for mics.
I have no idea if you can take the speakerphone mics and turn them into broadcast mics. (That would be ideal since it is already connected to the wall speaker).

Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back