Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

v405 Problem with group announcement on SOE

Status
Not open for further replies.

wagtech

IS-IT--Management
Jan 21, 2004
AU
I have recently upgraded my SOE system to v4 and tried to use the new announcemnts for groups. It plays MOH ok but when I try to record an announcement using the short codes as per the docs I get silence and monitor reports the call going to VM but no mailbox exists.

Using Embedded VM which was upgraded to v3 on last upgrade, I have even tried the v4 VM upgrade but comes up with errors.

Any ideas?

Phil

here how to upgrade the embedded voicemail

Upgrading Prompts
For IP Office 3.0 and higher, embedded voicemail memory cards are supplied with the necessary prompt files pre-installed. Previous releases required that the prompts be initially transferred using TFTP from a PC running IP Office Manager.

Therefore the processes below should only be required when upgrading an existing pre-3.0 memory card or when the documentation for future releases indicates that the range of available embedded voicemail prompts has changed.

Prompt Source and Destination Location
All the prompts for embedded voicemail can be found in the LVMSound folder on the IP Office Administrator Applications CD. There are two sets, one for compressed memory cards in the G723 Files folder, and one for uncompressed memory cards in the G711 Files folder. Each set contains a folder for each supported language.

IP Office Small Office Edition - Compressed Prompts
The sub-folders in LVMSound/G723 Files should be copied to LVMAIL on the compressed memory card.

IP Office 406 V2 - Uncompressed Prompts
The sub-folders in LVMSound/G711 Files should be copied to LVMAIL on the uncompressed memory card.

IMPORTANT: The prompts are supplied in a compressed zip file. Unzip the zip file before proceeding.

The following section covers copying the prompt folders to the required location. Following the copying the IP Office system should be restarted. During the restart the new prompt files are scanned and processed by the IP Office system. This can take up to 10 minutes before embedded voicemail restarts with the new prompts. This scanning process is much shorter on subsequent system restarts.

Upgrading Prompts Using TFTP File Transfer
This method uses IP Office Manager as a TFTP server to pass files from the CD drive to the memory card. It requires the IP Office to have already been upgraded to IP Office 3.0 and to be restarted.

Unzip the prompt files provided with Manager (see above).

Start IP Office Manager and receive the IP Office configuration.

Display the System configuration form.

Click the System tab

In the TFTP Server IP Address box, type the LAN1 IP address of the IP Office.

In the File Writer IP Address box, type the IP address of the PC that is running IP Office Manager.

Click to send this configuration back to the control unit and allow it to reboot.

Open a Command prompt window.

Type the CD drive letter and press Enter, for example enter D:.

Type cd LVMSOUND and press Enter.

The next step depends on the IP Office control unit type:

For an IP406 V2 control unit:

Type cd G711 Files and press Enter.

Type send711.bat followed by the IP Office's LAN1 IP address, for example send711.bat 192.168.42.1.

The batch file will start transferring all the necessary folders and prompt files.

For a Small Office Edition control unit:

Type cd G723 Files and press Enter.

Type send723.bat followed by the IP Office's LAN1 IP address, for example send723.bat 192.168.42.1.

The batch file will start transferring all the necessary folders and prompt files.

The whole process of transferring the prompt files can take up to 30 minutes.

When all the files have been transferred, close the Command prompt window.

Restart the IP Office control unit by removing and then reapplying power.

When the IP Office has restarted, wait approximately 10 minutes while it scans the new prompts that are available.

The IP Office Monitor application can be used to show this activity. See Monitoring Embedded Voicemail.

Test embedded voicemail operation by dialing *17 at an extension.

Dont think you read my email correctly, I have already done all that. Twice!

Still not working.

you wrote that you tried and had errors
at least i am reading that
what you can do is change the users name and see if you can now
if yes then turn off the ipo and put the cf card in a card reader and delete the user(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back