Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

V11 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnhyde

Technical User
Oct 15, 2013
GB
Anyone tried V11 yet? is the Equinox client available? the release document said not available until mid June but the knowledge base documents has details about Equionx?

no not yet v11 is out but client won't be released until june 2018

This was not what we was told at the Uk Avaya bootcamp a few weeks ago!
We was told by Avaya Equinox would be released on the 15th may!!

and!! Go shout at Avaya, not us.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Has anyone seen anything regarding the soon to be released Equinox client and SFB integration?

typical avaya... lol

(\__/) ||
(•Y•). ||
/ < )<||

I had this discussion with Avaya on Tuesday. They are going with a "delay it until it's working" approach, which frankly, if it means waiting a month or two I'm not that fussed about.

#NewAvaya

ACSS (SME)

It is funny because to many times companies push to get software out by a certain deadline whether it is ready or not. We always say we would rather it be delayed then pushed out when not ready. Nice to see Avaya actually taking this approach this time.

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

Equinox works great. When it is supported you'll see that. I have been running it on any IP Office Cloud environment. It does what they say it will do. Unlike previous iterations of Avaya software releases, they want to get this one right.

NTSDirect

Bull += the proverbial brown stuff.

- Sortable call history - No

- Show just calls in/call out/missed calls - No

- It shows you a voicemail message indicator but does it indicate the number of messages - No

- Does it handle visual voicemail - No

- It shows your Outlook calendar but does it do any form of meeting reminder - No

- It claims to be a 'unified communications' client, but does it handle any form of email indication - No

- Any form of help - No (it's straight out of the mind of the 'our UI is so great why would you need to know how to use it fantasy brigade).

Its just Flare/Communicator/etc in a fancy overcoat and with a new set of problems.

In fact the only plus I can come up with is at least there are versions for most of the platforms people use.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back