Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

V11 system, phones won’t upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lectrician

Technical User
Oct 11, 2007
GB
Hi.

I’ve got a phone system which I believe was on R9, but has been on R11 for some time. We’ve got a few phones (1416) and when plugging these in it’s showing “Upgrade: file access error”. There are not any other 1416 phones in use.

I’m unsure if I can copy files from an R9 CCU to the R11?

What’s the method for upgrading the phones successfully? Does anyone have the file? Willing for someone to do this remotely at cost if easier.

Cheers.

Use embedded file manager to upload system files, see if anything got missed during the upgrade, confirm that the file server is set to memory card, the phones should pull firmware automatically when first connected

Most of the times if your sd card is 4 gb you will not have enough space to upload all R11 files.

Try to re upload or recreate the sd card and maybe you can skip the web file management if you don’t care accessing it By web interface.

Hi.

I think I panicked a little quickly. Not worked on R10 upwards, I’ve just tweaked programming on older systems as needed.

I can see this system must have had a PC running voicemail and also the TFTP server. Changing the IP address to the LAN2 default IP and making sure memory card is selected was all that was needed. It’s now downloading the firmware to phones.

I was literally off out for a BBQ and plugged the phones in as I was leaving, thinking “that was it”. The message on the phone screen was bugging me while I was eating, and I couldn’t rest, so posted. Easy fix, thank you! When you mentioned “Set to memory card” it clicked.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back