Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

v.92 Upgrade Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

OutsiderLookingN

Technical User
May 12, 2003
US
I work for a local ISP. We just did a major upgrade and are now v.92 compliant. We now are having customers calling in with connection errors 678 & 692. All dialer settings have been checked and we have removed and reinstalled dial-up networking. Firmware is compliant with our current standards. Line noise tests have been done and this is happening in all areas. This most commonly has been happening with USR 56k modems with firmware 5.0+ which are v.92 modems. I have tried the following strings:

MNP (AT&FS15=128)
V.42 (AT&F&K3)
V.90 (AT&F2S32=34) & (AT&F2S58=1)
V.34 (ATS32=98) & (ATS58=33)
to Disable V.92 ( +PIG=1 +PMH=1 +PQC=3)
and to disable PCM upstream ( +PIG=1)

I am running out of ideas and nothing is working.
Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

it seems that it is obviously somekind of "miscommunication" during the handshake. are you makeing sure to reboot the machine after changing strings?

If i were you I would definately start testing the RAS with as many different modems and protocols as possible. meaning, getting friends family dailing in with as many different modems as you can find. you could even go through some old support logs to see users with different modem and see if they are having any problems. the reason being is at times you will find issues with certain chipsets connecting to you RAS. now that you have upgraded dail-in servers, it would be best to spend about a week doing some tests. there may be aot more people having problems than you know now.

this is the biggest reason we haven't upgraded to V.92 ourselves.

sorry i couldn't be of much help. good luck!

"Jack of all trades. Master of none."
[americanflag]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back