Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UX Volume visual no longer showing on screen when the Volume button is pressed on headset 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

T3kk

IS-IT--Management
Oct 18, 2023
US
UXVolume_cceowb.png

This screenshot shows what I used to see, visually, when I were to push the up/down volume buttons on my headset. This no longer shows. Looking for some insight or ideas.

Windows 10 PRO
Headset: Plantronics Blackwire 3220 Series

Steps taken:
>Unplugged and re-plugged in
>Plugged into different USB ports
>Checked Playback Properties | Levels - to make sure it was not muted and to make sure the volume up/down does respond there - it does
>Ran DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
>Ran sfc /scannow
>installed the Plantronics Hub and updated Farmwear
>Uninstalled driver for the headset and re-installed
>restarted the computer and the scan the again after removing the driver in Device Manager

Have you tried it on the keyboard function keys instead of controlled on the device?
Try using function+F1 and see if it mutes and unmutes as a test.

Best Regards,
Scott
MSc ISM, MIET, MASHRAE, CDCAP, CDCP, CDCS, CDCE, CTDC, CTIA, ATS, ATD

"I try to be nice, but sometimes my mouth doesn't cooperate.

If your volume overlay no longer appears, make sure notifications are enabled in Settings > System > Notifications & actions.
Alternatively you can try and update or reinstall your audio drivers, check for Windows updates, and run the audio troubleshooter in Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot.

Sorry for the late reply, but @tyredon won. This resolved the issue :)

T3kk,
Great to hear that you found a solution.

Best Regards,
Scott
MSc ISM, MIET, MASHRAE, CDCAP, CDCP, CDCS, CDCE, CTDC, CTIA, ATS, ATD

"I try to be nice, but sometimes my mouth doesn't cooperate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back