Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

uwin and telnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

keefbeef

IS-IT--Management
Oct 7, 2009
GB
Trying to setup a uwin server to use with ProComm 4.8 to allow ssh access to a CS1000. Getting the following error when trying to connect.

UWIN-XP 4.5/5.1 (VirtualXP-72199) (ttyp0)
telnetd: /dev/ttyp0: Permission denied.

FTP, RSH and RLOGIN all work ok. Spent 3 hours trying to get it working last night and now I'm knackered, so any help would be much appreciated!!

Quick updated, eventually got it working. I hadn't included the local administrator user as a service within uwin. This meant that it couldn't open the ttyp0 device, even though I had setup my main user as a service.

I use this for a number of sites without any issues, except that I also have to restart the service on the odd occassion.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

Hi! keefbeef ... How exactly you do ?? .. I trying rlogin and rsh without password (.rhosts file "+") and always ask for password.
Thanks

Not to sure what the query is? Can you clarify?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back