Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UUI Data

Status
Not open for further replies.

tangee

IS-IT--Management
Aug 13, 2002
US
Can someone explain it to me...or send me a link! is it an option in the switch.

tangee,

uui stands for user-to-user information. it's an isdn term and it mean a special information element that can be passed through isdn network from one user to other user unchanged. typically it is used in multi-acd environment for passing data between different acds. for example, a call comes to acd a, it decides that it can't handle this call, set an uui field with some identifier and route this call over public network to acd b. acd b sees that uui field and know that this is not a new call but inflowed one. something like that.
on definity side, you can't configure or set uui on the pbx, you can set it only through cti interface. however, there's an option for displaying this uui field on the agents' phone screens. the maximum length of this field can be up to 96 characters (in r10 or r11 up, don't remember).

Thank you so much, i read documents and spoke to a few people but no one really explained it this well.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back