Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UTP Mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ianlog

Technical User
Nov 6, 2003
GB
Help! I know this is not strictly a pc peripheral but people on this forum seem to know everything! I have been asked to repair a 2 button mouse off a Vtech childs laptop. I'm told the connection (missing) is utp. The cable from the mouse has 7 cores, blue, green, red, yellow, brown, white, orange. Does anyone know the pin numbers?

Thanks in anticipation
Ian

I'm told the connection (missing) is utp.
UTP generally refers to "Unshilded Twisted Pairs" and most often is RJ-45 or ethernet connection like a telephone jack/plug but a bit larger with 6 wires/connectors.

What does the port that you would plug this into look like?

rvnguy
"I know everything..I just can't remember it all

Hi Rvnguy. Thanks for the reply. I'm familiar with Utp and have the means of crimping the connector. It's the pin configuration I need some info on. Utp has 4 paired wires (8)- this mouse has 7 wires and they are differently coloured from Utp.

Ian

Ooopps! Meant to say - I don't have the laptop it plugs into!

Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back