Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

utility to recover password

Status
Not open for further replies.

hganda

Technical User
Jul 1, 2003
US
Does Window 2000 Professional come with utility to reset password or to access computer temporarily or to recover password, if user forgot the old password?

Hi,

If a user forgot it - yes, logon as local administrator, go into control panel -> administrative tools -> computer management -> users and groups -> users and you can right click on the user and reset their password.
If however this is a networked machine, a network admin can reset it from the server (domain controller or active directory host).

If the local administrator password is forgotten and unknown, then there are a few password recovery or reset tools available on the internet.

John

I should say: how to recover an admin password?
Bad English, but it seems you understand my question. Thanks a bunch. The site is helpful

There is a tool comming with u can use it to recover the admin pass remotly : ( cusrmgr.exe ), i hope so

Hope it's help

DENIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back