Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

USR Total Control Modem Rack (NMC Card Configuration)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lethalspartan

Technical User
Sep 8, 2011
US
I am trying to configure the USR 3Com Total control NMC card (1.012.0309-C Model 0309). They havent been touched in quite some time and I want to update the IP of the NMC card, of which I have four. Their old IP's were not documented by the last person to configure them who has since left.

I have set up a COM port with 9600 Baud, 8-n-1. I am directly connecting to the top connection on the card using an rj-45 to db25 (it says rs-232, but they look the same, d-shaped 25 pin).

Using Hyperterminal, I am connecting through the COM port using the same 9600 8-n-1 configuration. Hyperterminal says connected, but when I press [enter] several times, no menu screen comes up.

I am certain that I have followed the directions correctly. Is there some other step I'm missing or alternative that may be successful?

I have two Total Control racks and am unable to connect to them using HyperTerm. Have been looking for the Windows GUI software but can't find it either. Let me know if you find anything else. I have found a couple manuals for some of the cards in the racks but they are not a lot of help. If I find anything helpful I will post again. Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back