Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

USR Netserver MP I16 won't work (only 300bps)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pauldeg

Technical User
Nov 24, 2002
AU
Hi,

I'm setting up a small ISp in Australia with two modem banks (USR Netserver MP/16I) with ISDN BRI lines from Telstra. Unfortunately I cannot get it working. I used the *W=8 Australian BRI setting for the ISDN settings. (Multilink and P-to-P) The lights flash continuously but I can dial in and get only a 300 Bps connection with some errors. I tried all kind of S register settings without success (it seems not to make any difference).
Do I need new firmware (how can I get it since 3com doesn't support it...)? It looks that the modems are ISDN courier modems but I cannot get any confirmation on this topic.

Current settings are: B0 C1 E1 F1 Q0 V1 X7
&A3 &B1 &C1 &D2 &G0 &H1 &I0 &K1 &M4 &N0 &P1 &R2 &S0 &T5 &U0 &X0 &Y1 %N6 *V=5 #CID=0
clock freq = 20.16 MHz
super rev 3.0.1
dsp rev 2.0.9
S registers have the standard settings (I tried to increase/decrease S4, S25, S28, S7, S67,68,69)
Nothing helps, any one with experience???

Thanx,

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back