Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

USR message modem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 8, 1999
PH
No matter what I and my dealer do, my 56k 3com message modem's independent mode seems useless. I don't know what the problem is. when i close the program, it says independent mode activating. when i call the number to which the modem is connected, it just doesn't work.<br>

<br>

please help me my e-mail is gallbladder@digitelone.com

Err... I noticed that its been a long time since you posted this message but I'd also like to voice out that I also can't get the Independent mode to work properly I've been tinkering with the PhoneTools that came with the modem but no luck. <br>
<br>
Maybe you had already figured out a way or any body who got this to work, please reply to this thread or e-mail me... Thanks in advance.. :)

Plese select Hardware configuration in Phone tools.<br>Click &quot;Select Modem&quot;<br>Choose 56k Message Modem Prof V2.<br>It will work<br>Have a nice time

hi there , i have a usr mess. modem with the phone tolls . the problem is i upgraded to winXP & i had to buy the classic phone tools version 4.0 for winXP . But after installing it the feature - independent mode is missing .

Can someone tell me whats wrong ? how do i get the independent mode to appear in the selection in setup ?

thanks
flyguuye

flyguye,

You can install your old software to run on winXP before you start the setup program right click on it and select property. Select compatibility tab and enable Win98 and Win Me compatibility. This will sure make your old software run and with all the old features on it.

Cheers,

ajbarros

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back