Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using ZEN to distribute IE6 sp1, need help!!!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PIPIL

MIS
Jul 15, 2003
US
Well, here is my problem, I tried to create an application snapshot of IE6 but when the second scan it's done after rebooting, I get like many errors saying that some files cannot be copied to the destination server. it finished ok after answering no to the errors. created the app object and set the properties and associations. installed it using Zen to a workstation and distributed ok and also I'm able to run IE6 with no problems, but I'm not sure if the errors that appeared in the installation could affect something elsa along the way, my question is? have anybody done this Insatllation before? I tried to just distributed IE6 just by usinh the path to the executable but I'm stuck on what switches to use to make silencely to install. can someone give me some tips on how to use the right switces or maybe using login script to distribute this app?

thanks.

I went about this without an App object. I Got the MSI wrapper version of IE here.

then ran ("n:\IE6_SP1\ie6setup.exe /q:a",1, TRUE)
From a VB script. These options combined with the MSI might work in an App object.

I used script from

to run the IE install as well as SP4 and ZEN agent.
It took a while to figure it out but was well worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back