Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using XMLTransformProvider, error when using nested datasets

Status
Not open for further replies.

fruithuibje

Programmer
Feb 8, 2004
IT
Hi,

I am building a small dbase application and for this I want to use a XML file to store the data in and read the data from. I use XMLTransformProvider1, 2 times ClientDataSet and to visualise a DataSource and a DBGrid. I have two main sections: projects and persons. Persons are linked to projects in some extend by reference. Anyway, so far so good, I have used XMLmapper to create the corresponding transform files and it looks nice. I started with a simple project to get used to these features. I can see the data on the grid and make changes. The problem starts when I use nested datasets, when I make a change to the data or add a record data in another area gets changed also, there is no relation. Like, when I change a name in the persons section also some data in the projects area changes. The change is that the data there is copied. Like, there is "String", after the change in the persons section is changes to "StringString". Next time there is another "String" attached and so on, very annoying. Anyway, when reading this it may sound rather compilcated which it is not. For people intrested, I can send you the zipped project so you can have a look, this might also be a nice challenge to explore the XML stuff and get a more or less guided tour ;) Its not so well documented i must say.

regards,

Huib

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back