Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using word as ole in VB

Status
Not open for further replies.

asociate

Programmer
Apr 14, 2002
IN
Hi everybody,

I have used MS-word as an OLE object in my Visual Basic 5/6 Form. How do I communicate with the OLE Object and get all the properties, methods etc., which are used in Word. I can see all these methods, properties etc., if I have to do a macro programming or VBA programming, I want to gain access to the same using Visual Basic with OLE as Word.

Especially, I dont see the 'FILE' option in Word once I open it through VB as OLE. How do I get the 'FILE' option in the Menu and then save the document.

How do I send command to OLE objec Word throught VB, without getting it in 'Focus' or 'Double-clicking' it. In other words, I want to use MS-Word as RichTextBox in VB.

waiting for the reply...

Um, I'm sure I've given an example on how to achieve this in this forum recently. Hang on <fx: tappety tappety>...

Ah, yes, here we are. Check out my code (and CCLIMT's extensions to the idea) in the last two posts of the thread: thread222-564289

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back