Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using Word 2002 - Autotext doesn't WYSIWYG !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shelli

IS-IT--Management
Mar 3, 2003
GB
When typing a document and inserting via autotext or letting the software use autocorrect it appears on the screen fine, it appears on the print preview screen fine but when i print it some of the autotext is left out with big blanks in the page - why? Is there a tick box somewhere i've missed??

Perhaps the AutoText is in a different font that is not suppported by your printer? Just a thought. You might try making sure the AutoText is formatted the same as some other text that DOES print.

Hi Doxiepup
Good thought.... No the fonts are the same. Its weird because i can ycreate a document using autotext on two different PC's (both using the same version of word 2002) and print both docs to the same printer, 1PC will print perfectly, the other PC misses text out - i have checked the settings under tools and options, the settings under printing and the autotext settings - they are the same on both PC's i just can't fathom it out!! Any further clues?

Is it just one document or any that you create with the same AutoText?

I'd suggest bit of maintenance first. Reinstall both the graphics and printer driver and make sure that they are up-to-date. With all applications closed, make sure that the temp folder is empty: if not delete all the contents.

Is the AutoText coming from the template the document's created from or is it residing on each users' PC? If it is on each PC, try replacing the template that holds the AutoText.

Check in Tools, Options, Compatibilty and see if the Use Printer Metrics is set ot the same for both PCs.

Regards: tf1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back