Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

using windows 7 laptop to connect to 124i - DOS emulator & serial port via USB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

linda124i

Vendor
Jul 3, 2014
US
thread937-745728

I am getting back into working on 124i systems, and currently have a windows 7 laptop without a serial port. Would I be able to use this laptop via DOS emulator and a USB to Serial port adaptor to connect to the system?

Also, is there a place i can get the PC software to connect to the interface card on the cpu?

I know it's an old system, but it's what the customer has and wants to keep going for the moment. I worked on this system 7 years ago, so been trying to remember programming by doing research, reading the manual and talking to ex co-worker. I understand phone programming is very tedious and would like to avoid (I never did it that way)

Thanks for any help!!

If you have Windows 7 Professional, you can download a free XP mode from Microsoft. There are a number of USB to serial adaptors that work well, I use one all the time and they are so cheap these days.

I found I could get to the cll on my windows 7 by using F8, would that work with the 124i PC Software? Does anyone have a source where I could get the installation files for the PC Software? (for the 124i) Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back