Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using Web Services to access SharePoint list as data source

Status
Not open for further replies.

russula

Programmer
Nov 30, 2006
DE
Dear All,

it would be really great if somebody could give tip how can i solve the problem with web services.

I have Crystal Reports XI and need to create report based on the list from SharePoint site (Windows SharePoint Services 3.0).

If i use MS Access DB i can get access to this list as Link Table (that means at least i have enough rights to access this list, i also can access it directly on SharePoint site).

But if i try to set up this list as data source with the same account I've got Error 401 (Unauthorized).

What i'm doing:
1. Use data source XML and then Use Web Services Data Source
2. Chose HTTP WSDL URL and enter <http path to community>/_vti_bin/Lists.asmx?WSDL
3. Use user ID and Password the same as i use for MS Access or login to SharePoint
4. Chose Services Lists, Ports ListsSoap and Method (from the list) GetListItems.

At this point i don't have possibility to click on the Next Button (it is not active) but only Finish.

5. If i select Finish, i've got 'GetListItemsResponce' as data source, i can add it to the Selected Tables. Then i'm asked about parameters such
parameters.GetListItems.listName,
parameters.GetListItems.viewName,
parameters.GetListItems.rowLimit
and parameters.GetListItems.webID.
To be honest i set up here only the list name and other leave as default NULL. (not sure if it is important here).

After all these steps i've got GetLIstItemsResponce as data source containing 2 fields: GetListItemsResult as ONE string and Internal_ID (i don't need it).

But even for these result i can see nothing and got an error 401.

Is it matter of permission or i set up it in wrong way? Until now i did work only with connections to 'normal' DB or to csv or xls files and have no experience with connection using Web Services.

Does anybody have an idea how to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance,
Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back