Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using vplogon.bat user needs admin rights...

Status
Not open for further replies.

larsjuhl

IS-IT--Management
Oct 24, 2001
DK
Hi there,
We are using vplogon.bat to install the AV clients on windows 2000 pro workstations but can only get it to work if the user logging on has admin rights on local workstation.

anyone have an idea how to do it without user having admin rights ? and I do not want to use the console since I have users in different locations putting workstations on the network.

hope anyone can help

Lars

thx idanraz, the link youve send me only talks about the SSC being installed at what rights you neeed to that. nothing about using the script, maybe I can use the run, Ill have a try.

thx anyway
rgds,
Lars

You resolve the problem ??? i need to deploy SAV8 via scrip and i have the same problem....any news?? thanxs !!!

Sorry for my english... ;)

Well we exactly got the same problem with NAV CE 7.6
The first attempt to install the client failed because most of our users don´t have administrator rights to the workstations.

We also tried to push the installation via the nt client install in the symantec server console. It worked on a few workstations only. The problem is that the majority of the workstation do have file and printer sharing disabled and so aren´t visible in the microsoft network. We tried to import IP lists but there is always the error 0x33,51 (a network error occured)

We hope there´s a possibility to solve this problem

thx in advance
Patrick

Iam Use 3er party runas command to send the password in the same command line.
I execute the vplogon.bat with administrator right with this tool and works OK !!! :)

My next step is encryp this scrip (runas 3er party) to hide the administrator password :(, the script is maked in Visual Basic.... any idea ??

Hello Gambit32,
any chance you can share that VB script ? Ill check it out
rgds,
Lars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back