Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using VBA to drive MIMS through MSKs

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssmgr

Technical User
Feb 2, 2003
AU
I frequently use Excel VBA to drive non-GUI MIMS (via MSOs and the 3270 emulator's Screen object), and would like to access data through the use of MSKs instead of scraping it off the screens. Can anyone point me towards some documentation on how MSKs work and how I can access them through VBA?
Thanks

You need to talk to Mincom about Connector (or Business Object Connector). Buying this gives you samples and doco for interfacing to MIMS.

Steve

Steve,
Thanks for the info. We haven't yet upgraded from green-screens, and will be moving to 4.3 Smart GUI in the near future. I've been told we are purchasing a licence for Connector, but I don't yet have access to the SDK. Do you know of anywhere I can view sample code and/or documentation so I can see how Connector works and begin modifying my existing VBA scripts now to get a head start?

Cheers,
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back