Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using two ADSL connections

Status
Not open for further replies.

d0nny

IS-IT--Management
Dec 18, 2005
GB
Looking for some pointers here on how to use two different ADSL lines for different traffic.

Currently, I have an Active Directory domain with about 20 PC's on it.
I have an Exchange server with a fixed IP address on one of my ADSL lines.
I also have a WatchGuard firewall between the ADLS router and the network.
I have now installed another ADSL line which is much faster and I want to connect the network to this (via the firewall) so that only internet traffic uses the new ADSL line but all email traffic (from the Exchange server) continues to use the existing ADSL line.

How can I do that?
Is the firewall key here in the routing?

You need a router that is capable of dual WAN ports and ACLs (Access Control List). Cisco 1900 series comes to mind.

Marv ccna
telemarvlogosmall.gif

Sales, Installation & Service for Norstar, BCM, Samsung & Allworx Serving Ottawa and Eastern Ontario since 1990

yep we have done this kind of thing with cisco router with 2x adsl wics installed ( 1800 or 1900 series , i cant remember which it was)

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

and due to an endless stream of MiCollab , MiCC issues
Life would be simpler If only they tested products properly before releasing them .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back