Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using Third Party s/w for scheduling CR10 reports??

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrysUser

Programmer
Apr 21, 2003
US
Hi,
I think, that we are ok to use any third party s/w to schuedle reports without any license restrictions when using CR10. If so, can we also use CE10 for on demand reports that will be available for lisenced users for scheudling on eportfolio apart from using the third party s/w? I would also like to know a good third party s/w for scheudling and emailing attachments(ver CR10) via SMTP.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanking all in advance.

I am not very sure about CR10, but I am sure there are problems with CE10. In CE10 every report receipt need to have a license either it is scheduled through CE10 or third party component to schedule.

If you have a lot of users who just needs reports and not access to CE enviornment than I would suggest to buy report distribution license although not cheap ($20K standard price per processor), much better than buying named/concurrent user licenses.

For more information, refer, the license PDF available on CE10 CD.

The RDL is 45K and its not per processor, its per CE Environment...

~Kurt

We have bought the RDL as per processor and we have currently purchased for single CPU in CE10. Probably the same is also available per CE enviornment that I didn't know. Thanks for info. If we need to upgrade, we would certainly go to RDL for CE Deployment.

Thanks
Pedi

Spedi,

Sure enough, I got a quote today for a RDL @ $20K. This is less than half if what I paid for my two previous clients (CE 8.5 and CE9). The good news is that the RDL is still per environment. We indicated that we were running quad processors and requested quotes for a mixed CAL/NUL environment. Business Objects still quoted the single RDL.

~Kurt

Kurt,

I spoke to my Account Manager at Crystal Decisions after reading your statement regarding RDL per enviornment. He said, if the client had previously bought RDL, i.e. around year 2000, they are given per enviornment else they sell just for per processor.

We have also purchased mixed named/CAL for our enviornment and we had to buy the RDL per processor. In fact, I have a copy of the license agreement, that describes as per processor. If you want to cross reference with somebody else, like my account manager. Drop me a line, I will send his contact information, to reconfirm.

I am so interested because, we had paid $20k for per processor RDL. Just RDL being per processor, we are buying a box just for Report Job Server with one processor and other services of CE will be run on another box that has two processors.

Please let me know, how you make out this license issue.

Regards

Srinath
srinath_p (at) yahoo.com

FYI, I spoke with one of our Account Execs yesterday - Srinath was correct.

The RDL has changed significantly with CE10. It is available for Named User Licenses @ $200/NUL or @20K/Processor.

~Kurt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back