Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

using themes on windows xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wings

Programmer
Feb 14, 2002
US
Hello,
I am trying to make a xp themed dialog. I have succeeded in theming the dialog itself; however, all the controls on it do not take the background color of the dialog. In other words I have turned the dialog blue with the use of themes but all the controls on the dialog still have a thin default grey border. How do I get them to change to the same color as the dialog?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

are the dialog controls custom or standard? if they are custom, you should be having them send WM_CTLCOLOR* messages to their parent (ostensibly the dialog box itself) to try to get the correct background brush. (You should also handle WM_ERASEBKGND and zero the background brush field in the control's window class)

If they are standard controls, then perhaps they have a static background color; make sure that the controls are marked as "transparent". In a program i'm currently working on, i notice that my dialogs change to conform to a new theme immediately

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back