Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using the TreeView OCX in Progress Version 9.1B

Status
Not open for further replies.

waynesingh

Programmer
Apr 1, 2001
AU
Hi all,

I am using the Microsoft TreeView Control v6.0 in a Progress window. I am passing back information to .p's from my .w. I have been using a index field, which is a combination of other fields within that record as the unique identifier. Was all running along fine until I hit a record that had more than 8 chars in the index field. Is there any way to get more then 8 chars back. Was going to use either recid or rowid, but recid is larger than 8 chars and so will rowid once it is in a live situation. If anyone can think of another way around this then please let me know.

I am using a Dynamic Query to find the records that I want to browse on and am using the code below to create the Nodes:
hField = hBuffer:BUFFER-FIELD(fieldname).
hKeyFld = hBuffer:BUFFER-FIELD("KeyFields").

ASSIGN vKey = Tablename + "," + string(hKeyFld:STRING-VALUE). /*hKeyFld:STRING-VALUE().*/
chTreeView1:nodes:ADD(chMenuRoot:INDEX,4,vKey,hField:STRING-VALUE(),3,3) .

And using this code to send to the .p's:

hField = hBuffer:BUFFER-FIELD("KeyFields").

RUN RefreshPanel IN hPanelSect (INPUT hField:STRING-VALUE).

It seems that String-Value only returns the first 8 chars.

Please help.

Thanx in advance to anyone who can help me.
Wayne Singh

Sorry I make it sound like the ActiveX control is where the problem is occuring but I think it has to do with the Dynamic Query.

Still need help but. So thank you to anyone who can help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back