Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using the TRANSMIT command 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

WanToo

IS-IT--Management
Feb 5, 2001
US
I am trying to send a transmit command that I would like to include a variable, signified by the "xx" in the record. xx will be input as an integer string in the opening of the program to signify the month being processed.
[transmit "WBW.WHERE(CUST_CODE EQ `"ISCME`" AND INV_DATE GE UDATE(xx,01,01) AND INV_DATE LE UDATE(xx,28,01)^M"]
This line of code is part of a data selection query. I don't want to have to edit this query each time it is run, I want to use a variable as input. ANY SUGGESTIONS?
Thanks much, in advance.

I like to send a set of transmit "char" to COM port,
Can you help me to find a way to stop it with a function key in the middle of running the ASPECT scripts,
and to continue the scripts with aother function key!
Thanks!!

To transmit a variable a string with, use the string format command. You format the string and then transmit it.

ex (please check the syntax as I do not have the program in front of me)

string MSG ;string var to be formated
integer var ;Variable you want to substitute xx for

strfmt MSG "WBW.WHERE(CUST_CODE EQ `"ISCME`" AND INV_DATE GE UDATE(%d,01,01) AND INV_DATE LE UDATE(%d,28,01)^M" var, var

transmit MSG

I hope that this helps

SteveN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back