Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using the "Publish to Document" button

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisBlank

Programmer
Aug 7, 2013
Summary: I have one Quote with two lines and a separate configuration on each quote line. I want the second configuration on the second line, to see certain inputs that were entered on the first line. I found the "Publish to Document" button on the input screen for the configurator inputs which supposedly passes that input to the next configuration in the same quote.

Problem: The problem is I have no idea how to call the variable I entered in the first configuration when I get to the second. I can not enter the variable name, the publish to document doesn't create a global input variable. How do I call it?

Thank you for any help

Also, does it have to be the same part in each quote line for this to work? Or is there a way to call the original input in a new/different part on a second quote line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back