Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using the off line programming tool in NRU 9.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cvps1

MIS
Apr 18, 2003
US
I am just starting out with Norstar and came across the section of the remote tools user guide which references the off line programming tool. It seems to imply that you can manipulate the programming of a system through the use of workbook files that have embedded visual basic. I believe that I have found the workbook files, but I am not having any luck setting them up and using them to download information from a system. So far the vendor that I have used to install the systems and any others that I have talked to about this feature are not able to tell me how to access them. From what I have found out so far most people are either using the set tool or the browser tool. Even though both of these are functional for me I was wondering if anyone else has had good or bad luck with the off line tool. Is it worth all of the hassles I have been going through to access it or should I just stick with what I am using?

I use the OLPT in a limited manner. It is slow and bulky in comparison to Remote set tool, or Browser tool. I have used it only if I needed a hardcopy printout of system programming. Outside of that, it's a waste of time. (IMHO)

MarvO said it.

cvps1,
The macros are tied to the system version. I found its best use besides what Marvo does, is if you are down sizing a system from 2 or more port expansion to lower or expanding to XC within the same release level. Then the thing will be usefull as it will translate all the info back and forth. Not sure if it goes as far as the button programming as the app that I did button programming was all default (except for line keys.).

PhM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back