Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using the formula PROPER in Access 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

akaivyleaf

Programmer
Nov 1, 2000
US
Using PROPER in excel changes text to both upper and lower case. Capitalizes the first letter of the name and makes the rest lower case. . . Most of the formula's in Excel transfer over to Access but not this one. Any suggestions for getting text to convert to sentence case in Access? A column at a time or a table at a time.

This is as far as I have gotten with my formula and have drawn a blank.
Proper: Left(UCase([L_Name]),1) & LCase([L_Name])
This repeats the first character so that my result looks like this Bblair. I just need it to read Blair.

Thanks,

Sharon

The function is named differently in Access than it is in Excel. Go into a code window and lookup "StrConv Function". Here's a sample usage:

=StrConv([String],vbProperCase)

HTH Joe Miller
joe.miller@flotech.net

Joe,

Why don't you create a FAQ. I just did a search and some variation of the Proper case question has been asked over 20 times. Terry
------------------------------------
People who don't take risks generally make about two big mistakes a year. People who do take risks generally make about two big mistakes a year. -Peter Drucker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back