Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using TCL to recover text from a local website 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

fhutt

Programmer
Jul 7, 2006
AU
I have a local access point accessible via wifi. It has an accessible Ip Address at 192.168.91.1.
When this address is placed in the address bar of a browser as a number of text lines appear in the browser.
What I would like to do is to obtain this text using TCL because this text needs to be manipulated to make good sense out of it. I am able to do this with TCL. However, I have no idea how to obtain this text using TCL via an IP address.
Could someone please point me in the right direction?

Are you using something like tclcurl to do this?

Unfortunately, I have never heard of tclcurl before.
I looked on the internet and although it looks complicated it might me what I need.
I am unable to find a download site. Could you provide a link?
I am using Windows 7.

I found another alternative. Found an application called wget.
It can be downloaded from here: A manual page can be found here:
Here is the snippet of code I used:
set line [exec wget.exe --no-check-certificate -q -O - --connect-timeout=30 -t 3 ]

This extracts the text from the website. Here I can now obtain the text I require from this website.

Thank you for making me look harder to find a solution.

I've only ever used wget on Linux. If you were on Linux, that is what I would have suggested. Didn't know there was a windows version too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back