Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using Swivel To Pull Jetline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fairbjosh

Technical User
Jul 7, 2013
US
I have heard of people using a fishing swivel to pull a jetline behind there cable so the jetline wouldn't get tangled does anyone know how and where they tie the swivel on? This would help out a lot since I have a big job starting pulling through cable tray.

This idea might stop the string from twisting, but I doubt it will stop it twisting around the cables. If you do figure it out and have some success please let us all know how you did it in the end!

Yeah it will still get twisted in the cable but I have heard using a swivel you get a lot more pulls b/c it don't twist as bad.

Just run your groups of cable and when it wont pull easily anymore (usually 3 to 4 groups), run a new jet line.

Sometimes faster is not better.

Cutting corners when installing expensive cable can get.....well....expensive.

I'm totally with lowvolter on this one. The mistake a lot make (and I have, too) is to keep pulling using same path/drag. Start a different drag and path. Even if you need to put another row of J-hooks, depending on where you are doing this (above ceiling/raised floor).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back