Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using Subreport with a different database connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

IanWaterman

Programmer
Jun 26, 2002
GB
I have a report with a subreport. The main report runs against SQL server, but then needs to look up data on an Oracle database using a subreport.

All works perfectly well in Crystal Developer but when I load onto Crystal Reports Server The database configuration dialog box only allows connection to single datasource.

How can I tell it to use two datasources

Thank you

Ian

We are not using Crystal Reports server, but the full BI suite and it allows multiple data sources. I know when you look at the database configuration, if you have multiple data sources, there will be a drop down combo box to look at the other data sources.

Which version of CRS are you using? Is the subreport On Demand or does it always show?

-Dell

DecisionFirst Technologies - Seven-time SAP BusinessObjects Solution Partner of the Year

Thanks for comments.
It was me being silly. Kray4660 was spot on, CRS has a drop down and I needed to set up each connection.

Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back