Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

using stock quotes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshua61679

Technical User
Dec 28, 2001
US
I'm trying to figure out a way to get live stock quotes on our webpage. Even delayed would be satisfactory. I've seen a few applications that will do this through Cold Fusion, but is there any way to do it right out of Dreamweaver? Thanks in advance.
Josh

"Live Stock Quotes"

Live stockmarket quotes? You will need to link to a stockmarket site that has all of the info.

Quotes from your own stock? Database backend with shopping cart type functionality.

What exactly are you trying to achieve?

Cheech

[Peace][Pipe]

We're a privately owned company in the oil and gas industry, I'd like to be able to have market prices right on our page, since our customers make decisions based on what those prices are.

I can link to a site that has them on it, but I'd prefer not to take them off site if I can avoid it. Though the more I'm looking into it, the less of a possibility the seems, outside of talking by boss into dropping the bucks for Cold Fusion.

Obviously, since we're privately own, I don't need the ability to sell stock.

Thanks for the help.

Josh

Look into webservices and WSDL files. It may be your best bet

sample:

[tt]

google.gif
[sup]​

Pop up a new window with the stock site in it. This way the user still has your site open.

Cheech

[Peace][Pipe]

yep, looks like I'm down to that, thanks for all your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back