Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using SSL with LDAP questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsimpg1

MIS
Dec 10, 2008
US
We are using LDAP on AIX for authentication with WebSphere. I don't need any help on setting that up because it already is and works great. The issue is that we are not using SSL between WebSphere and LDAP and we need to do that. I can simply put the certs in place on the WebSphere side, check a checkbox to use SSL, then WebSphere's ready. My questions now are:

1) How do you enable SSL in LDAP (the LDAP we're using does not have a GUI, so it's all command line)?

2) If SSL is enabled in LDAP, will this end up being an all-or-nothing type of thing (meaning all requests will ahve to use SSL from then on, or can some use it and others not with SSL enabled)? I'm assuming the answer would be that there's a specific port for SSL or something that would allow some to use it and some not to use it, but I'm just guessing.

In the event there is some documentation somewhere to describe how to do this, I'd love to have it.

Thanks, in advance, for any help you can provide on this matter!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back