Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

using SQL MS with NICE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gridmstr75

IS-IT--Management
Sep 22, 2010
US
in what relation does SQL run with NICE , what i mean is in order to pull call records and such from nice i use the NICE logger interface and run queries based on the filters and attributes that NICE provides how would SQL perform any different? its probably a broad question but i need some pointers or 101 on this thanks

The NICE Logger interface queries the MS SQL database. That is the NICE interface compiles the search parameters into a SQL query and executes this against the MS SQL database and then makes the returned dataset "pretty" and displays it....

Apart from that I don't really understand what you are asking

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

Thanks matt for that info however i guess i didnt ask it correct. for instance using the SQL management studio what functions would be used with the NICE DB server what you said it seem that SQL is built into the NICE admin portal right? thanks for the reply.

> using the SQL management studio what functions would be used with the NICE DB server

Simple answer?
Don't - You have a really good chance of completely breaking your system (even if you are an experienced DBA). use the NICE interface

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

I know this is late but;
SQL Management Studio is just a way for you to access SQL and run select statements etc. The queries that are ran against the NICE databases come either from the code itself or the code making a call to certain functions, stored procedures to return the data you want in the GUI.

Unless you know what you are doing within SQL, your safest bet is to not mess with it however, I encourage you to learn SQL and then query the NICE DB Kit views on the data mart, to minimize your risk of data corruption.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back