Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using SQL in the Control Source of Access Forms

Status
Not open for further replies.

TechFlunky

Technical User
Feb 7, 2002
GB
I have based one of my Sub Reports on a table, but I need to extract the full field headings from another table.

My attempts to use SQL statements entered into the Control Source of a Text Box have not worked so far, resulting in various errors. I cant find a reference to this technique in the Access help system. Is it possible and if so whats the correct syntax?

Does anyone have any other ideas how to achieve this?

Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks very much.

Dan

Hi Dan,
I don't know if I fully understand what you are trying to do, but I think this might help. From what I can see you want a report to read info from more than one table, right??
Create a query, add the tables and fields necessary for the report to this query, and save it. In the 'properties' of your report, set the 'record source' of the report to the query you created. You can then set the 'control source' of your text areas = the relevant field in the query! Hope this helps!!
Conor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back