Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using Splat to get psd's from PSP "tubes"

Status
Not open for further replies.

beryulvonp

Technical User
Oct 13, 2002
US
For a long time I was unhappy because I could not use those cute little tub's that are all over the web for paint shop pro. My friends with PSP can load the tub's, then convert them to psd's in and send to me and I can open them in photoshop, but I wanted to be able to use them independently.

Since I have a Mac and Photoshop (have both 6 and Elements)
I had purchased Splat from Alien Skin to make borders, frames, fill stamps and the like.

I recently discovered that that the stamps were tub's.
So I downloaded some "tubes", unzipping them in the process.
I then took the resulting tub and put in the stamps folder of the Splat program. I opened a large transparent mat--mine was 12 inches by 12 inches--selected all, then went to Splat/ stamps. Among my selections were this new tub I had just put in the file. Sure enough it filled at least part of the picture with that little tub. I increased the size to where the picture object was as large as it could get without being blurry and decreased the density to where the objects were separated. then clicked ok. Then back on my mat I cropped out all but one of the object which I could then save a s a psd.

Now this did not work with all of the tub's I tried. With some it said they had been corrupted or were made with an unusable version of psp, but I have been able to get quite a few of them to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back