Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

USing speakerphone with mute OFF

Status
Not open for further replies.

bearmirus

Technical User
Aug 19, 2002
US
Hello everyone!

I'm in a bit of a jam here. We have a legend 3.1 v2.0 system with 2 x 408 GS/LS-MLX cards.

Several phones that is current connect to one 208 GS/LS-MLX is giving fits. When I press the speakerphone, the mute light would come on and stay on until I turn the speakerphone feature off. How (or what) should I turn this feature off?

This is not the case with the phones connect to the 2nd 408.

*confused*

TIA!

I think you may have a problem with that 408 board.

I would first just power down and back up and see if the trouble goes away.

If that doesn't help, I would swap the 2 modules and see if the trouble stays with the slot or with the module.

THen you may need to purchase another 408.

It is also possible that you have keypad membranes that are going bad. Try moving the phones onto the second 408 and see if the problems follow the phones or stay with the ports.

With Paul's idea, I tried using 3 different phones (same model) and found that the problem is related to the port, not the phone itself. Also only 2 port out of 8 on the same 408 board have the speakerphone mute problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back