Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using Shared Values From A Sub Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

CIBS

Technical User
Nov 15, 2007
GB
Hi

CR Version - 11

I am producing a report based on a job status and having to use subreport to bring certain parts of the information that is needed

Main Report Tables

Call

Sub Report Tables

Call
Controlled_Event

I have a report that has the data grouped by the Call.Call_No and displays the status (Status.status). in the footer of the main report I have a Cross-Tab table with the following

ROW - Location.Area_ID
Column - Status.status
Summarized Field - Call.Call_No (DistinctCount)

this all works fine.

I have then created a subreport that is linked to the main report via the Call.Call_no and have used shared numbervar to share the Controlled_Event.ID_No, as a call may/maynot have a controlled event.

in the main details the Controlled_Event.ID_No data is displayed correctly but what I want to do is be able to summarise the shared data in the main report as in the footer of the report I want to display a secon Cross-Tab table with the following information

ROW - Location.Area_ID
Column - Controlled_Event.ID_No
Summarized Field - Call.Call_No (DistinctCount)

so my question is how do I get it that the formula in the main report

whileprintingrecords;

shared numbervar := ID

that is pulling the information in the subreport to a state that I can summurise and use in a Cross-Tab table

Thanks for any help in advance

Stephen

Crosstabs are processed in an earlier pass and therefore cannot be based on shared variables. You should instead insert another subreport in the report footer that accesses the necessary data for the crosstab directly.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back