Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using route-to in vectors to call an outside number

Status
Not open for further replies.

FleshmanJ

Systems Engineer
Apr 19, 2023
US
How do I use route-to commands in vectors to call an outside number? I have a department that contracts out to a 24/7 messaging center outside of our organization to handle emergency calls at night, and they want their internal phone tree to have "Press 9 to report an emergency after hours" and have it dial the answering service

For example: Step 8 in my vector needs to call a 10 digit number when the caller presses 9, so my syntax right now is route-to number xxxxxxxxxx (10 digit DID) with cov n if digit = 9

According to my support vendor, that syntax should be correct, but it's not. Pressing 9 is looping back to my announcement at the top of the vector. What did I miss?

The route to statement needs to include your dial access code. The most common is 1 or 9 plus the 10 digit number. Keep in mind, if you have outside callers calling your call flow you will need to implement tandem trunks. If you do a route to statement to a toll free number your carrier will deny it because you are outpulsing the originating callers ani which you do not own.

Nuts, I don't have tandem trunking enabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back