Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using Reporting in VB2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

sampko

Programmer
Nov 4, 2004
US
I am looking to pull data from a access db, and have it spit out in to a VB Report. First to test I use this code to fill a datagridview:
Code:private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
'TODO: This line of code loads data into the 'NbxcdrDataSet.CallData' table. You can move, or remove it, as needed.
' Me.CallDataTableAdapter.Fill(Me.NbxcdrDataSet.CallData)
Dim conn As OleDbConnection = New OleDbConnection
Dim da As OleDbDataAdapter
Dim ds As DataSet
Dim cb As OleDbCommandBuilder
Dim dateSel As String = DateTimePicker1.Text
Dim extStr = TextBox1.Text
If TextBox1.Text = "" Then
MsgBox("Please enter and Extension")
Else
conn.ConnectionString = ("Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;Data Source=C:\Documents and Settings\spabramenko\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\NBX Calls\NBX Calls\bin\Debug\nbxcdr.accdb;Persist Security Info=False;")

conn.Open()

Dim sqlString As String = ("Select Date, P1Id, P1Name, P2Id, P2Name, StartTime, Duration, P1CallerId, P1DialDigit, P2CallerId, P2DialDigit from calldata where ((date) = #" & dateSel & "# And (P1Id) = " & extStr & ")")
'Dim sqlString As String = ("Select Date, P1Id from calldata where ((date) = #" & dateSel & "#)")

da = New OleDbDataAdapter(sqlString, conn)

'da = New OleDbDataAdapter("Select Date, P1Id from calldata where ((date) = date() -3)", conn)
' WHERE (((Date)=Date()-1)
cb = New OleDbCommandBuilder(da)
ds = New DataSet
da.Fill(ds, "calldata")
DataGridView1.DataSource = ds.Tables("calldata")
DataGridView1.Show()
End If
End Sub

This works great. It displays what I want. Then I use the report wizard, to generate a report from that db file, and it spits it to a report. But it puts everything in the report with this code:

Me.CallDataTableAdapter.Fill(Me.nbxcdrDataSet.CallData)
Me.ReportViewer1.RefreshReport()

When I say everything I mean it does not use the dataset from the first posted code. I want to be able to run the sql statement and have the results back into the report if possible. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back