Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using Remote PC with some still logged in 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtshort

IS-IT--Management
Feb 28, 2001
US
I'm looking for a program, such as PC Anywhere, that will allow a user to log onto a PC and use something like Remote DeskTop, while another user is using the Remote PC at the same time.

I've tried M$ Remote Desktop, but the other user has to log off.

Does anyone know of a program that will do this. PC Anywhere might do that, but I'm not really sure. I've never really used it before and the web-site is kind of vague.

Thanks.

Rob
Just my $.02.

We use PCanywhere to get to the server from the outside and from there we use VNC to get to the workstations. Both programs capture and take over the current user's screen. There is a free and a pay version of VNC.

Bo

Remember,
If the women don't find you handsome,
they should at least find you handy.
(Red Green)

Thanks for the reply.

Both programs capture and take over the current user's screen.

Does this mean that PC Anywhere will take over the user's screen and let the current user on the PC still use it?

Rob
Just my $.02.

Are you trying to do this in a pc or server? I have yet to find a program that will allow a multiple on a pc, but 2003 server you can use Terminal Server.

No. You will have complete control of the screen as the logged in user without them having to log out. They will be able to see everything you are doing.

Bo

Remember,
If the women don't find you handsome,
they should at least find you handy.
(Red Green)

Thanks DTSMAN and dberg35.

That's what I was wondering DTSMAN. I should have explained myself a little better I guess.

Both of the PC's are in the same office. It will be connecting VIA LAN. The office manager wants to be able to log into one computer and one only, however she wants to have remote desktop control while the user on the PC can still work without being affected by her using it remotely. In other words, they both want to work at the same time on the same PC.

Rob
Just my $.02.

rtshort,

Like I stated before that isn't possible unless your running a server program like 2003 Server or 2000 Server. Why do you need to have 2 people working on the same pc?

Because the office manager wants the other person to keep working but she needs to do things on it at the same time.

I didn't think that it was possible, but she claims that she has done it before with PC Anywhere.

Thanks for the help. I really appreciate it.

Rob
Just my $.02.

Thanks Serbtastic. I'll give it a try.

Rob
Just my $.02.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back