Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using Remote Control Software from scratch 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhanz10

IS-IT--Management
Apr 21, 2004
US
Hi All,

Does anyone know of any remote control software that can access computers on our branch office ? Besides PC Anywhere and TightVNC. Basically we want a remote control that has the ability to remotely reboot the computer, Does anyone know of any good ones ? TightVNC can not reboot the remote PC that is why we cant use this one.

PC Anywhere is my last resort and still trying to look for some more options, any suggestions will be greatly appreciated... Thanks in advance

I use Proxy from Funk Software. It allows me to remote control the remote PC and transfer files to/from the remote PC. The version 3 of the product has a reboot option. The newest version (version 4) says use the Windows Start > Shutdown option. I use the software across a Frame Relay WAN and across the web with VPN client software. It performs much quicker than TightVNC. You can download a demo at
Regards,

mapman04

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back