Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using Records from 2 Stored Procedures

Status
Not open for further replies.

PETE314

Programmer
Dec 30, 2004
US
Access 2000 .adp front end
SQL2000 backend

I have 2 parameter queries written as stored procedures. I need to have a view or another stored procedure use the records generated by the 2 stored procedures in order to make a new recordset(or actually to create a new table, but that part isn't the problem)

However of course you can't use dbo.procname in your SQL statement.

This is basically a conversion from an mdb where you just made parameter queries and those names could be used when creating (in this case) a make table query.

So as a newer user to SQL 2000 how am I supposed to create the View and or stored procedure to grab a recordset with which I will create a new table?????

Have you looked at table functions. It sounds like if you changed your two original procedures as function calls you could use these in SELECT statement

"I'm living so far beyond my income that we may almost be said to be living apart

Show your queries. I think you are approaching this from the wrong direction.
-Karl

[red] Cursors, triggers, user-defined functions and dynamic SQL are an axis of evil![/red]
[green]Life's uncertain...eat dessert first...www.deerfieldbakery.com[/green]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back